Today I’m going to be sharing ten fun things to do with your kids this summer!
- Go outside! This is an obvious one, but it’s the first step to a beautiful summer in my opinion! There’s nothing quite like that summer air to make ordinary things a little more special. Eat your lunch outside, play with bubbles, run around in the sprinklers, host a BBQ, or go for a swim! Enjoy this fun season that God created!
- Enjoy the View. Go for walks with your kids! It doesn’t have to be a hike if your children are too young. Even a simple walk in your neighborhood can be fun! Show them the beautiful flowers, and tall trees, and don’t miss that opportunity to tell them how amazing it is that God made them both! “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.” Psalms 19:1
- Play with Chalk. My daughter Haven is two and oh my goodness she LOVES coloring with chalk! Seriously she would play outside all day coloring pretty drawings if I let her.
- A Night Under the Stars. Who says it has to be daylight to have fun with the kids?! Plan a night where you grab your coziest blankets and lay beneath the shining stars.
- Ice Cream Sundaes. Do I even need to say more? You can’t have summer without ice cream. You just can’t! So plan a day and make it the most fun ice cream experience ever! Go all out with the toppings, and let your kids create their dream ice cream sundae.
- Plan a Picnic. My husband and I are actually planning a fun picnic with the kids next week and I’m so excited! We are going to bring the dogs too! Im looking forward to the pretty scenery, sweet company, and warm conversation of one another.
- Campfire. Ok for me, summer is not complete unless I’ve had my fill of s’mores. My mom has a fire pit in her backyard and some of my favorite nights have been sitting around the fire while talking and roasting marshmallows.
- Visit the Ocean. We are a family who absolutely loves the beach. In fact I am writing this while waiting for my husband to pick us up so we can go to Newport Beach! So if you’re able, plan a fun day trip with your kids and enjoy playing in the sand and listening to the crashing waves.
- Make lots of Homemade Treats. I’m sure if you’re like me, you have a whole bunch of food pinned on your Pinterest account. (Please tell me I’m not alone haha!) So sit with your kids and let them choose something to make during the summer. Haven told me she wants to make something blue to eat. It looks like I have my work cut out for me!
- Live in the Moment. Don’t be glued to your phone, or distracted by meaningless things. Enjoy your babies! Give them your full attention and create beautiful memories that you’ll both cherish forever.
I hope you have a beautiful summer filled with the most wonderful memories!