It’s a new year, a fresh start, and the time for beautiful beginnings. I’m sure we all have things we wished were different in 2017, but let’s choose to focus on right now, and not live in the past. I’m believing the best is yet to come!
How about you?!
I wanted to take some time to share some of my New Year’s goals with you, in hopes to encourage and inspire you.
They’re listed in no particular order, but each goal I’m listing I really hope I can make a reality this year!
Here we go!
- Look Up. Social media can be SO distracting. I really think it’s often my biggest distraction in life. There are so many times I hop onto IG to check my account “real quick,” and end up staring at my phone for way.too.long. This year I want to be much more intentional. I want to set boundaries for myself when it comes to my phone so I can be the best wife and momma possible for my family. They deserve that from me, and I’m excited and eager to give that to them this year.
- Be more organized. This really is my overall goal for the year. As many of you know, we had so many crazy changes occur towards the end of the year when my health took a turn and landed me in the hospital. What I quickly realized when I got home, is that I was too “go with the flow.” Not much of our life was planned and organized, and I soon realized how valuable and important that is for a thriving household. So from things as simple as organizing our closets, to organizing and learning to meal prep, and even planning consistent date nights, I would love to see me grow in this area.
- Be diligent in reading my bible every day. For me, I think this really comes down to planning. Rather than waking up and “fitting in” my time with God, I need to be waking up knowing when that time is, and having it set aside daily. That in itself would eliminate those good intentions that didn’t have much follow through.
- Be a better encourager to Tanner. (My husband) If you didn’t know, I’m married to a really amazing man! The kind who takes my dreams and makes them a reality. The kind who steps up when things don’t go as planned and leads his family. He loves me and our babies endlessly, and I want to be much better at expressing my love for him every day. We have been married nearly 7 years, (wow!!), and it can be easy to stop making that intention effort to remind your spouse why you’re so in love with him. So I want to be a wife that puts wind in my husband’s sails, so that I help him be the man God has called him to be.
- One on one time with the kids. This is something new for me, but something I am really looking forward to. My oldest daughter is 3, and she thrives on one on one time! She loves when I sit and play with her, take her for a walk, or take her to Target. (She knows how good it is there haha!) Growing up, my mom was so good about spending individual time with me. She would take me out once a week and we would talk and have quality time together. I always loved it, but now that I’m a momma myself, I realize how much it impacted me. I want Haven (and Kaid) to have strong, loving, unbreakable relationships with me, where they are always comfortable to confide in me, as well as enjoy my company. I don’t think that’s something that has to wait till they’re “older.” I believe it starts right now. So bring on all the fun date nights with the babies!
- Grow my blogging business. To be honest, in 2017 I really wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with my blog. I was hesitant to spend too much time doing it, out of fear of neglecting my husband and children, who are my number one priority. Now that I’m learning that by being organized and strategic I can blog effectively without feeling like I’m ignoring my family, I’m ready to get to work! So this year I’d love to generate more income and grow my blog and IG.
- Be the good. This is the last goal I’ll share with you, because seriously once I get going I don’t want to stop! I want to be a woman of action. I want to touch lives with a sincere care, and love for those I come in contact with. I want to put others before myself, in hopes that they would see Christ in me. I just want others to see and know their worth, always. And if I could play even a small part in that, then what a gift that would be!
“See, I am doing a new thing!